The selection process consists of the following stages:
The Ethos Police Test assesses practical skill sets that police officers must use on a regular basis while performing their duties. The exam is divided into four modules, is three hours in length, and is marked out of 100. A score of 60% (60/100) is required to pass.
POPAT(Police Officer Physical Ability Test)
- This is an obstacle course that measures the overall fitness of the applicant
- A passing time of 4:15 must be achieved
Application and Integrity Lifestyle Questionnaires
- These questionnaires cover all aspects of an applicant’s life. The West Vancouver Police Department is aware that people make mistakes, mature at different rates and change their behaviour from childhood to adult life. Please be advised that deceit, dishonesty or non-disclosure concerning questions in these documents, or during any other stage of our application process will result in disqualifying you from this process.
Recruiting Section Interview
- This is a behavioral based interview that covers the content of the applicant’s submitted information.
Patrol Ride Along
- This stage gives applicants the opportunity to observe the wide variety of duties that our Patrol officers perform in our community.
- This is a behavioral based interview that covers competencies related to the role.
- Consists of an extensive investigation into the applicant’s life history.
- Fingerprint check
- Polygraph Examination
- Applicants that make it to this stage are required to participate in a medical examination.
- Applicants that make it to this stage are required to participate in a psychological assessment.