Our 20 + civilian employees play a critical role in the safety and well being of the citizens of West Vancouver. We offer full time, part time and casual employment in both a unionized and non-unionized environment.
The West Vancouver Police Department offers a variety of opportunities in the following sections:
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Investigations & Intelligence
- Community Services
- Victim Services
We are looking for individuals committed to making a difference and whose, skills and abilities reflect our core values.
CIVILIAN APPLICATION PROCESS
You must be a Canadian Citizen or have Permanent Resident status to apply
When applying for a current posting, you will be required to go through the following steps:
- This is a behavioral based interview that covers competencies related to the role.
Application and Integrity Lifestyle Questionnaires
- These questionnaires cover all aspects of an applicant’s life. The West Vancouver Police Department is aware that people make mistakes, mature at different rates and change their behaviour from childhood to adult life.
- Please be advised that deceit, dishonesty or non-disclosure concerning questions in these documents, or during any other stage of your application process will result in disqualifying you from this process.
- Consists of an extensive investigation into the applicant’s life history.
- Fingerprint check
- Polygraph Examination
- Applicants that make it to this stage are required to participate in a polygraph examination.