Police seek witnesses following extensive vandalism to property

West Vancouver – police are asking the public to come forward with any information that will help them identify the person(s) responsible for approximately $6000.00 in damages, during a mischief spree that included damage to two local elementary schools, and three privately-owned vehicles. 

The incidents occurred close to 11:30 pm on January 22. The areas targeted, included Ecole Pauline Johnson (1150 22nd St), Hollyburn Elementary (1329 Duchess Ave), and the 1200 blk of Clyde Ave. 

In both school incidents, multiple windows were broken, and extensive spray paint graffiti was left on buildings. The markings included profanities. 

In the 1200 blk of Clyde Ave, residents woke up to discover multiple parked vehicles with spray paint markings, which again included profanities. 

“The blatant disregard for private property and the financial and emotional impact this has had on property owners is what is most frustrating,” says Cst. Kevin Goodmurphy. “We feel that someone likely knows who is responsible, and we are asking them to come forward.”

Police believe that the person(s) responsible were part of a large group of people who were walking in the area overnight between January 22 and 23. 

Anyone with information is asked to contact the non-emergency line at 604-925-7300 and reference file number 21-803. If you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or visit  




Find out out to become a WVPD Police Member, join our Civilian Staff or Volunteer.


· Valid Canadian Driver’s Licence
· Valid BC Identification Card (with photo)
· Valid BC Services Card
· Valid Passport – Canadian or Foreign
· Valid Canadian Permanent Residency Card
· Current Canadian Student ID Card (for youth applicants ages 12-17) *secondary Gov’t issued ID required
· Canadian Birth Certificate
· Valid Canadian Citizenship Card
· Valid Canadian Certificate of Native Status Card
· Valid Nexus Card
· Employee Identification Card issued by the Federal, Provincial or Territorial Government (with photo)
· Old Age Security Identification Card
· Valid Firearms Licence
· Municipal or RCMP Police Identification (with photo only)