The West Vancouver Police Victim Services Program provides victims of crime and trauma with support, assistance, information, and referrals to community resources, in time of need or crisis. The Victim Services Program recognizes the impact of a crime or traumatic event can be complex, as are the unique individual needs that follow.
Services may include:
- immediate on-site crisis and trauma response
- emotional support
- safety planning
- support navigating the criminal justice system
- referrals to other resources and agencies
- assistance with forms, such as Victim Impact Statements and Crime Victim Assistance Applications
- assistance with court information, court orientation, liaising with Crown Counsel and court accompaniment
Staff and a team of trained volunteers are able to assist on a wide variety of incident types, including but not limited to: Abuse, Assault, Domestic Violence, Fatal Motor Vehicle Accidents, Home Invasion, Robbery, Sudden Deaths and Suicides.
Referrals to the service are regularly made by the police or other criminal justice personnel; however, individuals may also contact the program directly at 604-925-7468.
After-hour’s assistance for Victims of Crime:
VictimLINK (24 Hour Telephone Crisis Assistance) 1-800-563-0808