How do I apply for a Police Information Check?
West Vancouver Police Department will complete Police Information Checks for residents of West Vancouver only.
Police Information Check Applications can be submitted either on-line or in person at the West Vancouver Police Department.
Police Information Check Steps - On-line
On-line applications may not be suitable for everyone. Please review all the information carefully to determine if the on-line Police Information Check option is the right choice for you. Fees are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for other services.
To apply on-line select WVPD On-line Link.
Police Information Check Steps - In Person
To apply in person please download the WVPD Police Information Check form. This form is also available at our front counter.
We require two pieces of current, Canadian government-issued identification, one of which must have a current photo and prove your current West Vancouver address.
Acceptable forms of identification are:
- Valid Canadian Driver's Licence
- Valid BC Identification Card (with photo)
- Valid BC Services Card
- Valid Passport
- Valid Canadian Permanent Residency Card
- Current Canadian Student ID Card (for youth applicants ages 12-17) *secondary Gov't issued ID required
- Canadian Birth Certificate
- Valid Canadian Citizenship Card
- Valid Canadian Certificate of Native Status Card
- Valid Nexus Card
- Employee Identification Card issued by the Federal, Provincial or Territorial Government (with photo)
- Old Age Security Identification Card
- Valid Firearms Licence
- Municipal or RCMP Police Identification (with photo only)
Volunteer Authorization - if you are volunteering for a non-profit organization or if you are a student currently attending a learning institution, the West Vancouver Police Department requires a document on agency letterhead from the organization requesting the Police Information Check which includes:
- the applicant's name
- whether the applicant will be involved with or responsible for children or the vulnerable sector
- verification that the applicant is volunteering a service or is in an unpaid practicum position
- the name and title of the person requiring the Police Information Check, as well as the full agency address and phone number