How do I apply for a Police Information Check?
West Vancouver Police Department will complete Police Information Checks for residents of West Vancouver only. Non-residents must attend their local police agency. If your identification does not include your West Vancouver address, you must provide proof of West Vancouver residency (i.e. tenancy agreement, District Tax Notice, Property Assessment, Cell Phone Bill, Hydro Bill).
Police Information Check Applications must be submitted in person at West Vancouver Police Department, 755 16th Street, West Vancouver.
Staff are available Monday to Friday, between 9 a.m and 5 p.m., except Statutory Holidays, to assist with these requests.
Police Information Check Steps
Fully complete the WVPD Police Information Check form. This form can be downloaded by clicking the link or picked up in person at our front counter.
Bring the completed form with you along with the necessary identification and fees to the West Vancouver Police Department.
Identification must be presented in person to submit your Police Information Check.
We require two pieces of current, Canadian government-issued identification, one of which must have a current photo.
Acceptable forms of identification are:
- Valid Canadian Driver's Licence
- Valid BC Identification Card (with photo)
- Valid BC Services Card
- Valid Passport
- Valid Canadian Permanent Residency Card
- Current Canadian Student ID Card (for youth applicants ages 12-17) *secondary Gov't issued ID required
- Canadian Birth Certificate
- Valid Canadian Citizenship Card
- Valid Canadian Certificate of Native Status Card
- Valid Nexus Card
- Employee Identification Card issued by the Federal, Provincial or Territorial Government (with photo)
- Old Age Security Identification Card
- Valid Firearms Licence
- Municipal or RCMP Police Identification (with photo only)
Volunteer Authorization - if you are volunteering for a non-profit organization or if you are a student currently attending a learning institution, the West Vancouver Police Department requires a document on agency letterhead from the organization requesting the Police Information Check which includes:
- the applicant's name
- whether the applicant will be involved with or responsible for children or the vulnerable sector
- verification that the applicant is volunteering a service or is in an unpaid practicum position
- the name and title of the person requiring the Police Information Check, as well as the full agency address and phone number
We will require the following information in person:
- the agency name, address, phone number
- the name of the person in authority