The recruitment process is always ongoing throughout the year for both recruit and exempt/experienced police officers who are currently serving with other police departments.
We do not hold information sessions, however our Recruiting Section is always willing to meet or speak with any interested applicant.
Applicants are responsible for all their travel and accommodation costs during the process. When we can, we will make efforts to facilitate multiple stages of the process on the same day(s).
Only applicants who hold a valid first aid certificate and have had an eye exam in the past six months will be considered.
We will only consider an applicant’s submission 3 months after they have had laser eye surgery.
- Successful ETHOS intake exam scores will be accepted if written within the preceding 12 months.
- Successful POPAT times will be accepted if achieved within the preceding 6 months.
After a 6 month wait time you can reapply and take the exam again.
We will provide you with some alternative POPAT venue options the candidate will have to book themselves.
Only when you reach the ride-along stage in the process.
Generally this process takes 5 to 6 months to complete.
Upon your date of hire.
The Police Academy tuition fee is due in full on the first day you attend the Police Academy.
Yes, policing experience will be recognized for applicants who are currently serving or who have served within the last 12 months.
- British Columbia: Experienced applicants will be exempt from the ETHOS intake exam and the Police Academy.
- Out of Province: Exempt/experienced applicants will be exempt from the ETHOS intake exam and the Police Academy. However, you will be required to take the Canadian Exemption Challenge Exam, and pass the POPAT.
- Out of Country: Out of Country policing experience is an asset however, it will not exempt a successful applicant from any stage of the recruit process including the Police Academy.