Looking for a change?
West Vancouver's scenic beauty allows us the opportunity to perform our policing role in a number of diverse settings which is unmatched anywhere else in the Lower Mainland. From remote forests surrounding a destination mountain recreation resort to panoramic ocean front beaches, cosmopolitan shopping, urban parks, quaint neighbourhoods, high rise corridors, the Trans Canada highway, Lions Gate Bridge, the Squamish Nation Capilano Reserve (Xwemelch'stn) and the Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal that services three destinations.
Our population of just over 42,000 citizens does not capture the number of people travelling to, from, and through the our jurisdiction on a daily basis thanks to renowned recreational and retail options. The West Vancouver Police Department serves a broad, dynamic and diverse population and we want our Department to reflect the community we serve.
We're here and available anytime to discuss your interest in the West Vancouver Police Department. All conversations are confidential and your current employers will not be contacted without your knowledge and consent.
POLICE OFFICERS WITHIN CANADA
To be considered an experienced police officer, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be currently employed as a police officer, or have been previously employed as a police officer within the past twelve months, and
- Have an exemplary service record with your current/past police agency
POLICE OFFICERS WITHIN BRITISH COLUMBIA
Submit your resume, cover letter and completed Intake Questionnaire to the WVPD Recruiting Section. If your application is deemed suitable you will participate in the following:
- Application and Integrity & Lifestyle Questionnaires
- Recruiting Section Interview
- Patrol ride-along
- Executive Interview
- Background Investigation
- Polygraph Test
- Psychological Examination
- Medical Examination
CANADIAN POLICE OFFICERS OUTSIDE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
All experienced police officer applications from within Canada but outside of British Columbia will be subject to the same process listed above, with the following addition:
- Write the Out of Province Exemption test
POLICE OFFICERS OUTSIDE OF CANADA
We accept applications from police officers who are currently serving outside of Canada.
You must meet the following requirements for your application to be considered:
- Have an exemplary service record
- Have excellent English language skills
- Have obtained Permanent Resident status with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (applicants will not be considered without Permanent Resident status in place), and
- You will be subject to the same process as our regular (recruit) member applicants