Looking for a change?
West Vancouver's scenic beauty allows us the opportunity to perform our policing role in a number of diverse settings which is unmatched anywhere else in the Lower Mainland. From remote forests surrounding a destination mountain recreation resort to panoramic ocean front beaches, cosmopolitan shopping, urban parks, quaint neighbourhoods, high rise corridors, the Trans Canada highway, Lions Gate Bridge, the Squamish Nation Capilano Reserve (Xwemelch'stn) and the Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal that services three destinations.
Our population of just over 42,000 citizens does not capture the number of people travelling to, from, and through our jurisdiction on a daily basis thanks to renowned recreational and retail options. The West Vancouver Police Department serves a broad, dynamic and diverse population and we want our Department to reflect the community we serve.
We're here and available to discuss your interest in the West Vancouver Police Department. All conversations are confidential and your current employers will not be contacted without your knowledge and consent.
POLICE OFFICERS WITHIN CANADA
To be considered an experienced police officer, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have completed the BC Police Recruit Training or an *Accepted Equivalent
- Have been employed as a police officer with a Canadian police service within the previous three years
*an Accepted Equivalent means someone who has completed police recruit training, including any and all field training required as part of that training, provided by any of the following:
- RCMP Training Academy (Depot)
- Ontario Police College
- Chief Crowfoot Learning Centre (Calgary Police Service)
- Edmonton Police Service, Basic Recruit Training
- Lethbridge College
- Winnipeg Police Service, Police Recruit Training Academy
- Royal Newfoundland Constabulary
- Saskatchewan Police College
- Ecole Nationale de Police du Quebec
- Atlantic Police Academy
- Canadian Forces Military Police Academy
EXPERIENCED OFFICER PROCESS
There are 8 stages to this process:
- Application and Integrity & Lifestyle Questionnaires
- Recruiting Section Interview
- Patrol ride-along
- Executive Interview
- Background Investigation
- Polygraph Test
- Psychological Examination
- Medical Examination
POLICE OFFICERS OUTSIDE OF CANADA
We accept applications from police officers who are currently serving outside of Canada.
You must meet the following requirements for your application to be considered:
- Have an exemplary service record
- Have excellent English language skills
- Have obtained Permanent Resident status with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (applicants will not be considered without Permanent Resident status in place), and
- You will be subject to the same process as our regular (recruit) member applicants